Real fun monkey trivia for the kids from Science Kids
- There are currently 264 known monkey species.
- A baboon is an example of an Old World monkey, while a marmoset is an example of a New World monkey.
- Apes are not monkeys.
- Some monkeys live on the ground, while others live in trees.
- Different monkey species eat a variety of foods, such as fruit, insects, flowers, leaves and reptiles.
- Groups of monkeys are known as a tribe, troop or mission
- The Pygmy Marmoset is the smallest type of monkey, with adults weighing between 120 and 140 grams.
- The Mandrill is the largest type of monkey, with adult males weighing up to 35 kg.
- Capuchin monkeys are believed to be one of the smartest New World monkey species. They have the ability to use tools, learn new skills and show various signs of self-awareness.
- Spider monkeys get their name because of their long arms, legs and tail.